Commission is charged at the rate of 12% no vat on the hammer price of each Lot.
Payment is by Cash, Bank Transfer or PayPal
1. There is also the online auction fee with Easy Live Auctions of £3.00 or 3%
2. Items with a minimum agreed value above £30 may have a Reserve applied.
3. Each Vendor will supply their name, address, telephone number and VAT status and sign the Auctioneers entry form.
4. Items presented or collected for sale will be entered in the first available sale, but may be held over, at the Auctioneers discretion, until space or a suitable sale is available. Lots will be amalgamated and presented at the Auctioneers discretion.
5. The Auctioneers act as agent for the vendor and reserve the right to bid on their behalf on Lots offered subject to a reserve.
6. All descriptions are at the Auctioneers discretion.
7. Bidders and purchasers are to register prior to bidding, giving their full name and address or business address. Please ensure that the bidders slip is completed legibly, completely and accurately. Failure to register prior to bidding will result in the lot being re-offered at The Auctioneers discretion.
8. No purchaser is entitled to remove any lot until paid for and must request a Porter to collect their purchases after supplying reasonable means of identification. Clearance must be undertaken by close of business the day following the sale unless otherwise agreed.
9. Payment to Vendors is not made until the Auctioneers receive payment in full from the buyer. In the event of a default the goods will be re-offered for sale.
10. Lots failing to sell must be collected by the vendor before close of business on the day following the sale. Items not collected will be deemed un-saleable and will be disposed of at the Auctioneers discretion.
11. Items not in compliance with current legislation or deemed un-saleable will be tipped and the costs incurred will be payable by the owner.
12. Reserved items that do not sell can be collected on the Day following the Sale. The Vendor may re-enter the lot with a lower reserve if they wish.
13. Mains gas appliances and C.D. / DVD copies are not sold by the Auctioneers.
14. Electrical appliances are bought with our instore engineer checked and tested as working, If the item is a laptop or notebook it will state if it has a battery or mains, If there is neither it will not mention them in the listing to save confusion, In all cases most mains cables can be purchased for £10 universal on Ebay.
15. The auctioneers will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned or sustained by persons on the premises.
16. All items are sold on the basis of the buyer’s inspection. No guarantees or warranties are implied or given.
17. The highest bidder shall become the purchaser, and no persons shall retract a bid. The
Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any bid.
18. Should any dispute or difficulty arise between two or more bidders, or otherwise, the lot or lots in dispute may be put up again or the purchaser declared, at the discretion of The Auctioneers, who are to be the sole arbitrators as to the amount of bidding, and every other matter connected with the sale; and their decision on each and every point in question shall be final and binding on all parties.
19. Descriptions are an expression of opinion after research and careful consideration. The descriptions are not intended to be a guarantee of authenticity. The Auctioneers will not be responsible for the correctness of the description or measurement or weight or genuineness or authenticity of any article they believe to be correct but are made as an expression of opinion only and the lots are sold subject to all faults and errors in description. Neither The Auctioneers nor sellers make any warranty to buyers in respect of the lots and any implied
conditions or warranties are excluded except in the case of the seller those implied in section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as amended by the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) Act 1973.
20. The vendor authorises The Auctioneer to deduct commission and expenses at the agreed rates from the hammer price.
21. Bidders are to pay down immediately the whole of the purchase money.
22. On failure of compliance with the sale conditions. The Auctioneers shall be at liberty to resell the lot or lots without further notice, either by public auction or private sale, and the deficiency (if any) arising from such second sale, together with all charges and expenses attending to the same, shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale, and be recovered as and for liquidated damages. Defaulters will be unconditionally barred from any future sale.
23. All lots shall be at the sole risk and charge of the purchaser from the fall of the hammer, and such lots to be taken away with all faults, defects and errors of description, of whatsoever nature, sort or kind without any power of dispute, at the risk and expense of the purchaser - the purchase money to be paid on or before delivery; and no purchaser shall be entitled to remove any lot until he or she has paid for the WHOLE of the lots purchased. Removal of lots can only be done after settlement of accounts and after the sale. Removal during the sale will only be permitted if convenient for The Auctioneer
24. Payment is by Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal, Persons travelling a long distance who may wish to remove lots immediately after the sale are advised to arrange an up to date Bankers reference.
25. The Auctioneers will be pleased to execute bids free of charge for anyone unable to attend the sale, on receipt of written instructions. Commission bid forms are available on request. Commissions for the same amount on any one lot will be executed in order of receipt.
26. The buyer is deemed to have accepted these conditions of sale and notices by making a bid.
27 Scottish Law shall govern the sale of each lot in every respect.
28 Payments can be made by credit transfer on leaving details with the auction office
29 For Delivery please contact Auction house in first instance for a quote, we offer packaging at £2.50 whether 1 item or 100 items, For Shipping we use My Hermes Dpd, Royal Mail or you can arrange your own collection, All items will be bubble wrapped and packaged and boxed, However the Auction house can not be held responsible once the parcel has left the premises & all buyers must accept this risk when buying perishables such as glass, ceramics, porcelain Etc As no courier will insure such items.
30. Invoices will be mailed within 24-36hrs after closure of Auction & all Lots will be mailed within 7-10 days after payment clears.